Welcome to Kennet School website, packed with information for visitors and containing a wealth of material for learners. Kennet School became an academy on 1 April 2011 and sponsor of Whitelands Park Primary School, in January 2014. I have the privilege of being Executive Head across both schools. The best way of giving you a flavour of Kennet School, in particular, is to quote from the Ofsted report from May 2016. Kennet is "Outstanding". You can read the full report here but below are a few more quotes:
- Standards are high. Pupils’ achievements across a range of subjects place the school in the top 5% of all schools nationally for pupil progress.
- Pupils who are disadvantaged and those who have special educational needs or disability make outstanding progress given their starting points. Their progress is significantly better than that of other pupils nationally.
- Teachers demonstrate exceptional subject knowledge, excellent planning and effective questioning as well as providing valuable feedback which reinforces pupils’ understanding and leads to their outstanding progress.
- Pupils are safe in the school and they feel safe. The school’s ‘house’ system is highly regarded. Pupils’ academic success and personal welfare are equal priorities for all staff. The work that the school does to keep its pupils safe is excellent.
- Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary and their attendance is above average and improving. Pupils engage enthusiastically in lessons and show respect and tolerance for each other.
This report confirms the fact that the school was in the top 4% of schools nationally, for progress at GCSE 2015 and we confidently expect more outstanding results in the near and distant future.
Kennet School is not complacent nor does it compare itself with other schools. I am confident that we will, with the support of our community, continue to thrive and prosper. We are ambitious for our pupils and I trust that your child and you wish to be part of the success story which is Kennet School.
P G Dick OBE JP DL, Headmaster